Sunday, July 12, 2009

"i ain't no damsel in distress, and i don't need to be rescued, so put me down punk."

dear body,

you are different. you've always known that. growing up, seeing images in the magazines, you've known you weren't built like that. i'm sorry you went through stages when you thought you weren't good enough, and tried to do all you could to look like the pictures in the magazines.

sometimes i look at you and wonder, what if i had been given a different body, maybe one like my sisters? but then i think...

i wouldn't be me.

i am who i am. you are part of me. you are curvy, short, muscular, not skin and bone. you are cute. you are not mainstream image. you have a horrible time finding jeans, because you are a dancer, with real legs. you might not have abs, but you have a strong laughing muscle. you are unique, and that's me.

you, body, are beautiful. and mirrors should not be your enemy. love yourself, and i promise i will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment