Monday, March 29, 2010

"what do you do with a girl if she refuses to be alive?"

i am a broken rose. twisted, broken, torn apart. chewed up by society. consumed and regurgitated by the robotic mundane routines of life. beautiful even in shatters.

i feel suffocated. i escape. i wander the familiar streets only to find the same discoveries as before. slightly refreshing, but with a bitter aftertaste.

GET ME OUT OF HERE. no not here. HERE. get me out of this suffocating mess. make me fly, give me wings. free the dove from the barbed wire cage.

pretty girl with the pink pearls around her porcelain neck. smile too wide and they'll twist up tight.

keep the camera frame on me. look me in the eyes but never away. close enough to touch but too far to break. know my words, savor my touch, soak me in like a sponge.

you've broken your only doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment